You've Got ???s
learn a little about us
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS WE KNOW YOU ASK
(a work in progress. this will be continually updated. check back often. latest update 1/1/2023)
* "Do you serve food?" No. We do not have a food license. We offer complementary cheddar snack crackers with our wines (cheese & crackers together, right?) However, we also work with the Local food establishments Cardington Cafe, Pirate's Cove, The Pizza Barn, Suz-E-Qs, Subway and 1836. (check out their Facebook pages for the menus of each of these locations) You can order from them for your food and bring it in to The Winery. You are able to bring in your own snacks and food, as well.
* "Can I get a Slushie to go?" NO. The State of Ohio law allowing "to go" alcohol beverages applies only to establishments that serve full meals. We do not have a food license and our complimentary cheddar snack crackers do not qualify as a "meal".
* "Can I rent the Mill Room for my event?" Yes. The Mill Room can comfortably seat groups up to 30 guests. Contact us directly for details and rental pricing.
*"Will you donate wine to my fundraiser?" No. It is illegal in the State of Ohio for an alcohol manufacturer (Winery) to give away (donate) any alcohol free of charge.
*"What beers do you have?"
None. We have a license from the State of Ohio to manufacture and sell the wine we make only. No other alcohol is allowed in The Winery at all. This would put our business at big risk.
* "Can we do tastings at the Wine Bar?" There is seating at one end of the bar. You may be seated there for flights, glasses, etc. However, for the convenience of all guests, we ask that you not stand at the order station end of the bar for your samplings or flights. This prevents others from placing their order until you move out of their way.
*"Do you recycle your bottles?"
Yes/No. We take all our used glass bottles, plastic containers and any recyclables to the Cardington Township Recycling Point on County Road 132. We are NOT allowed to REUSE any bottles we have already used. You do NOT need to return your bottles to us. Please take them to a recycling point as well. (or repurpose them into clever crafts - Pintrest is your friend in this regard.)
*"Are you pet friendly?"
Yes, for certain animals (One of the owners is SEVERLY allergic to Cats. Therefore, Cats are NOT allowed in the Winery). As long as your pet is always under your control (leashed) and is friendly to people and other animals, you are allowed to bring your pet with you in to The Winery or onto one of our patios
* "Are your wines 'organic/vegan/etc'?"
No. We claim NO special qualification of our wines. (Winemaking Secret - there is no such thing as a "sulfite-free" wine. Sulfites are a naturally occurring part of the wine making process. There are steps that can be taken to make sure there are as few sulfites as possible, but NO WINE will ever be "sulfite-free")
* "Can I 'try' this wine?"
Please explain what you mean by "try." So many times, we have heard the request to "try" a wine and the meaning has been sample, get a glass, or buy a bottle. Don't be upset if we ask for clarification.
* "What deal can you give me?"
The State of Ohio law allows for only one single "deal" at Wineries - The Case Discount. At Bunker's Mill Winery, we define a "case" as 6 bottles of wine (does not have to be the same type of wine). For every 6 bottles of wine purchased, we are allowed to give you a 10% discount. Also, this discount applies to only full 6 bottle cases. If you purchase 8 bottles of wine, bottles 7 and 8 will be charged full price.
*"Do You Ship Your Wine?"
*"Where else can I buy your wine?"
We are on the wine lists of several locations in Morrow County and North Central Ohio. We are on the Menu of 1836 Restaurant & Bar in Cardington, as well as, The End Zone in Mount Gilead. We are also sold at Drive-Thru 95 in Mount Gilead Castle's Drive-Thru in Marengo and the KOA Campgrounds in Mount Gilead and Shelby, Ohio.
* "Where is your Vineyard?" / "Do you make your own wines?"
Bunker's Mill Winery is an "urban winery." This means we do not have our own Vineyard or grow our own grapes. And, Yes, we do make all of our wines, ourselves, here at The Winery. We use a combination of methods for sourcing grapes and juices. Our wines are made from fresh juices from the Lake Erie AVA region of Pennsylvania as well as California and, sometimes internationally, from countries such as Australia and Chile, and juice concentrates sourced from California.
* "Can I make a reservation?"
No. There is no need for a reservation. Even under the seating and spacing restrictions we were required to operate under for the pandemic, we only had one single time where we have been "at capacity." We have plenty of seating.
* "Can my child come in to the Winery?"
Minors, 17 years old and younger, can be in The Winery as long as they are under constant supervision of their parent or guardian (constant supervision means at your side. NOT running throughout the Winery on their own). Adults 18-20 can be in The Winery on their own, but, of course, will not be served any wine. (we ID everyone that looks younger than us) We encourage parents to model responsible consumption of alcohol. Therefore, we encourage families to come into The Winery.
* "What COVID restrictions do you have?" None. There are currently, as of posting this, no pandemic related restrictions for The State of Ohio or Morrow County. We are operating on common sense and ask the same of our guests. First, if you are sick, with anything, stay home. Come in to The Winery when you are well again. If you wish to wear a mask, you are certainly able to. If you choose to not wear a mask, you are certainly able to not. We do operate air purifiers in each of our indoor spaces, and, weather permitting, offer ample seating on either of our outdoor patios.